Call for Participation
Within the event, we would like to give AI research groups in Austria the opportunity to present themselves. This should be a five-minute short presentation containing the following:
- present your unit or organization,
- present research questions your group currently works on.
Presentations will take place in the form of
- five-minute lightning talks,
- and a poster session.
If you are interested in presenting your research group, please submit your application via our
In order to apply for a presentation slot, please provide the following information in your submission:
- Name and a short description of your research group (up to 1 page).
- List of research topics.
- List of up to 5 selected publications.
As a presenter you are invited to bring a poster with details about your research, aiming to give young researchers the possibility to present and discuss their work in an informal atmosphere during the networking session (poster format details will be communicated upon acceptance of the presentation proposals). Talk slides and posters will be published on the event website.
Networking and Discussions
The main goal of the event is networking and enabling new collaborations and discussion amongst Austrian AI researchers, in line with the goals of ASAI and Uniko, recently published in a joint position paper , to strengthen the community and, apart from research, to also discuss broader topics such as Austria’s AI strategy  and the role of the academic Austrian research community within.
- Anna Rapberger (TU Wien)
- Amin Anjomshoaa (WU Wien / Complexity Science Hub)
- Georg Dorffner (MedUni Wien)
- Thomas Eiter (TU Wien)
- Wolfgang Faber (University of Klagenfurt)
- Günter Klambauer (JKU Linz)
- Brigitte Krenn (ÖFAI)
- Robert Legenstein (TU Graz)
- Bernhard Moser (SCCH)
- Bernhard Nessler (JKU Linz, SCCH)
- Axel Polleres (WU Wien)
- Stefan Woltran (TU Wien)
Express interest for group presentation until May 15, 2023
- Registration opens: June 5, 2023
- Submission of final group presentation (slides & poster PDFs): June 15, 2023
- Date of workshop: July 5, 2023, 15:30-18:30
 Bernhard Moser, Georg Dorffner, Thomas Eiter, Wolfgang Faber, Günter Klambauer, Robert Legenstein, Bernhard Nessler, Axel Polleres, and Stefan Woltran. Österreichische AI Strategie aus Sicht der Wissenschaft: Forderungen der ASAI zu einer konkreten AI Strategie in Österreich. OCG Journal, 01/2020:14–17, 2020. Invited article (in German).
 ASAI Statement on Austria’s AI Strategy 2021 (in german)